Mid-eighties, sunny... not a cloud in the sky. Trees blowing from a slight, warm breeze. Laughter from children in the distance... and birds singing... I miss summer. I used to take my sleeping bag and lay it out on the grass in the park and sprawl out, reading a book or doing my puzzles... taking in some of the sun's rays and maybe a quick nap with my headphones on or walking through the grass barefoot. I miss summer and it's warm embrace. It's been a cold, wet winter... it's time.
I leave for Cancun tomorrow morning. It will be good to clear my head and smell the ocean... I'm looking forward to going back. I always related to the hard-working Mexican people and their way of life, not easy, and their heritage, rich in history. I've been there three other times in the past and it always is a phenomenal time. White, sandy beaches, water as clear and warm as bath, the smell of tropical flowers and the sounds of steel drum bands... there's nothing like it.


Is that photo of you?? ;-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip, David.
Yes... that's me last summer :)
ReplyDelete