Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love, Is The Question

I've spoken about a number of blogs that I've been reading lately and it's nice that the majority of blog owners are in relationships and share quite a bit about their lives together.  I always wonder what it would feel like if I were writing posts about my life with a partner, since so far, I haven't seriously dated anyone in the two years I've been writing this.  I've had the beginnings of a few relationships, but it seems that by the time that I feel good about posting about it, they are over.  This was especially true about the last go-round with Jesse, as my friends would have lynched me at dawn had they known straight off.

I realize that the world has changed and people have too.  I have as well... once the serial relationship person in the past, I have given way to an older version of me that enjoys my solitude and doesn't need much from anyone.  I guess that makes me pathetic, sort of... but I really don't think of it that way.  If someone came along and our worlds meshed, I wouldn't be opposed... but I am much more set in my ways, less willing to compromise as I did in the past and have different priorities.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  I've thought of different situations where I might get the bits and pieces that I need, but it's usually not worth all that goes with it.  There's no such thing as no strings attached.  Besides, I get whatever side of the bed that I want every night... I don't have to flush the toilet after someone else doesn't... and I don't have to watch someone else's progrums.

So, on this Valentine's Day eve, I send my best to those who have been lucky enough to find love... enjoy it... you could be sitting here with me making jam, watching reruns of Barney Miller and being referred to as 'crazy cat lady' by the neighborhood kids.




6 comments:

  1. Just remember that being alone is not the same as being lonely.

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really a sad post from you. I believe it's just a mechanism to get through and tolerate the " no chocolates no flowers no unconditional love this coming Monday". I hope I am still reading your blog when you bring this post up and tell the blog readers how wrong you were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm single since two years too and I just try to ignore this day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am in a relationship with someone whom I love very much, but the kids in the neighborhodd still call me the Crazy Cat Lady.
    Some things never change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day nevertheless. I hope you get a great man some day, some one who would treat you fine, as I would, if I had the honor to be your beau.

    ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. At one point when I was 21 years old and I was sitting in my apartment alone on a Saturday night, I decided that I did not want to live by myself the rest of my life. Maybe the solo trip works for some but not for me. Evesdropping on your posting reminds me of how truly fortunate I am. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are helping some of us to renew our appreciation of our relationships.

    ReplyDelete