Friday, February 4, 2011

With This Super Superbowl Dip, You're Guaranteed a Home Run

If you're like me (a busy career girl on the run), you're headed to a Superbowl party this weekend... and since I'm not a football fan, I'm going mainly for the tids and bits (snacks)... and I have to bring something (along with lots of patience and a bottle of gin).  So I thought I would share my dip recipe... because it will be the biggest slam dunk at the football game. 

It so simple that anyone can make it, with prep time at about 5 minutes... and cook/simmering time at 2-3 hours.  You will need a small crockpot.  You can make it two ways.... either a Pepperoni Dip... or a Mexican Dip.

Keep in mind, this will go fast, so you may need to double the recipe (DON'T DOUBLE THE MEAT INGREDIENTS).


Pepperoni Dip: 
1 pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 can Cream of Celery Soup (or Cream of Chicken Soup)
1 pkg sliced pepperoni (cut in four quarters with scissors)
A dash or two of oregano and garlic powder/salt

- Place all the ingredients into a small crock pot (which will also fit the doubled recipe as well), Place on high and stir often until everything is melted (about an hour).  Turn on low heat and continue stirring.  The pepperoni juices will start to ooze out... that's when you know it's good and ready (about three hours from start to finish)... serve with Scoops, or crackers right out of the crock pot (leaving it on low while serving).  Just like in football (no double dribbling)... no double dipping!

*****************************************************************************

Mexican Dip:
1 pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 can Cream of Celery Soup (or Cream of Chicken Soup)
1/4 pound ground meat
1 pkg taco seasoning spices
* (cajun, red pepper, or a dash of hot sauce, if desired)
* (two teaspoons of salsa (drained) if desired)

In a skillet, brown the ground meat (drain excess grease) and mix in the taco seasoning and alternative spices.  Place in small crockpot with basic ingredients (cream cheese and cream of celery soup) on high, stirring occasionally until melted (about an hour).  Turn on low heat and add salsa and let simmer for another hour, at least, stirring occasionally... serve with Scoops, or crackers right out of the crock pot (leaving it on low while serving).  Just like in football (no double dribbling)... no double dipping!!

6 comments:

  1. no double dribbling is in BASKETBALL not football.....u poor, poor super gay...LOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home run at a football game? That reminds me of my ex-wife who was totally ignorant of football. I was watching a game and she walked in...she asked: "what inning are they in now?" But then again she was the type that when the phone rang she say: "honey, answer that, it could be somebody"
    now you know why I am divorced. Well, other than the fact that I am gay too. .lol
    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  4. will let you know how it goes over sir !

    ReplyDelete
  5. hohoho
    we declined a super bowl party to avoid anything fattening (or fun).
    we have one week until Key West, and no shirts/no pants too.

    ReplyDelete