Monday, February 14, 2011

Rumble, Bumble Then Tumble

I've never been a big fan of Christina Aguilera... (especially since she tore the lead role in Burlesque out of my bosom like a child out of a burning orphanage), but after her performance in said stolen artistic vehicle, she definitely got my attention.  Sadly, though... she's been getting a lot of attention lately, but for the wrong reasons.  First, there was the separation from her husband, who seems to be a good father and decent husband... and it seems like Christina just wanted to be single and party (too much (sorry Jeremy Renner's bed)... and now her child is at stake, since she's looking like an unfit mother.  Secondly, there was her performance at the Super Bowl where she bumbled the words to the National Anthem (Oh say can you see (me drunk?))... and last night, when she almost tumbled off the stage when she tripped over someone else's mic line at the Grammy's, which I'm sure was an accident (wink, wink, drink, drink). 

As I said a few weeks ago, she's starting to unravel and she's turning out to be the new Britney.  I hope that she can pull it together.  I'm glad I'm just a local diva, without all the pressure of a national stage.  Still though, being in the public spotlight and the paparazzi swarming around my house at all hours grows tiresome.  I feel for ya, gurl.

3 comments:

  1. You can add like 40 lbs to that list like she has to her body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Christina. The downside of fame and success, the pressure to constantly top yourself. I can't imagine. So many have failed. One almost has to be crazy to go into that life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, poor Christina... She needs to get her shit together. If I had her money I would hire LARGE swedish twins to chase me around to keep me thin and sober.

    I just gotta say though that Ms. Jennifer Hudson is working it out. Girl looks great, overcame family tragedy, doesn't come across as a hoochie-drunk-callgirl falling and screwing up the friggin' national anthem. Didn't steal your the role which was practially friggin WRITEN for you...

    Poor Christina...

    ReplyDelete