Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Pirate Movie

Kristy McNichol and Christopher Atkins
I remember seeing this in the 80's... I didn't know who I was in love with more between the two of them (this was in the period where I didn't know if I liked the titty or the weiner).  Blondes aren't my thing, but you have to admit that he had cheesy blonde curls and dreamy eyes on the beach down pat after doing Blue Lagoon, and he was probably my first image of the fit male and weiner.  Sadly for him, it's more like cocktail frank than kielbasa (as evidenced in the ocean swimming scenes in Blue Lagoon).  I actually had the cassette tape of the soundtrack and listened to it regularly... I could sing either part, depending on who I loved more that day.  Anyone else remember this (the movie, not my singing)?

8 comments:

  1. Remember it? I own it on VHS. It always makes me laugh. Ending number is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher Atkins did not age very well. Of course, that's what happens when you're a booze hound. Still in his day, I would've licked his body from top to bottom and then bottom to top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I knew, even back then, which body part I would want, and it wasn't anywhere on Miss McNichol, even though Atkins was a little too pre-pubescent looking even then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a Christie McNichol fan forever! Of course I remember this movie. There's a reason it didn't win an Oscar though, and we all know what that reason is. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember your singing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "cocktail frank than kielbasa"

    prob cold water, and too many takes?

    besides, as you said, who would have complained, blonde or not, back then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never a doubt. Weiner. Cocktail or keilbasa. Doesn't matter. Titties not even in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meh. He was a bit twinkish for my taste... even when I was a tween.

    I've always liked my men burly and furry.

    ReplyDelete