I really enjoy the fact that you can silently peer into someone's life without them knowing... and decide whether you want to get involved. I wish it worked that way in real life. I also enjoy getting different points of view and learning new things.. and it's always great to chuckle over something that you come across. It's strange... with the people's lives that I peer into through a blog window, I sometimes know more about what's going on with them than the real-life people around me. Oddly, sometimes I get more input and concern from people I've never met. 2011's pen pals... who would have thought.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Peeping Tom
I've been expanding my blog list lately... I added Kevin's Rants, From The Left, Just a Guy Talking About Life and One Step at a Time to the list of blogs that I read (See "Other People's Shit I Pay Attention To" for their updates). There are a few others where I am a voyeur (Homo Eroticus and Bill in Exile)... but there's no link on my page to them (since my relatives would have a fit seeing the images every day). Even in my YUM section, I try to keep it G-rated... and I crop a lot of perfectly good weiners off the pics. A virtual circumcision, if you will.
I really enjoy the fact that you can silently peer into someone's life without them knowing... and decide whether you want to get involved. I wish it worked that way in real life. I also enjoy getting different points of view and learning new things.. and it's always great to chuckle over something that you come across. It's strange... with the people's lives that I peer into through a blog window, I sometimes know more about what's going on with them than the real-life people around me. Oddly, sometimes I get more input and concern from people I've never met. 2011's pen pals... who would have thought.
I really enjoy the fact that you can silently peer into someone's life without them knowing... and decide whether you want to get involved. I wish it worked that way in real life. I also enjoy getting different points of view and learning new things.. and it's always great to chuckle over something that you come across. It's strange... with the people's lives that I peer into through a blog window, I sometimes know more about what's going on with them than the real-life people around me. Oddly, sometimes I get more input and concern from people I've never met. 2011's pen pals... who would have thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*leans back and peeks into your life*
ReplyDeleteReading blogs...
ReplyDeleteI may read out of curiousity.
I may read for entertainment.
Some are like a window into what life may have been like had I made different choices in the past.
The best ones are like reading a letter from a friend.
I like the idea of peeking in, and then deciding that the blogger is much like me, or a complete and utter fool, which, oddly enough, is still much like me!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Mention. Have been enjoying your blog as well.
ReplyDeleteI too enjoy peeking in and eventually letting it be known I'm wathing...sometimes
Have you ever noticed how a lemon is both sweet & bitter? Yet needed as a balance for things too sweet or too bitter. Reading others thoughts allows us to go through struggles, trials and tribulations, as well as victories and successes. The lemon brings out the best in the product, it’s used in. So do our trails & tribulations, victories & successes bring out the best in us. It also sometimes brings out the worst. Anonymous people often find rudeness easy on line whether commenting on an article they read and of course there in no comeback when you hide behind a pseudonym or a character and harsh words can be fired easily when no one knows or can see the “shooter.” But the end result is a window into others eyes and a product to make & shape into what you desire it to be.
ReplyDeleteFrom an old guy like me who used to have many pen pals as a teenager, I love this new age of peeking into other people's lives through their blog posts. I never got into this kind of depth with my pen pals. Maybe it was because of our shallow youth and lack of experience. I'm curious about life and other folk's experiences as they relate to mine. I think in the end that is what most of us who blog and read blogs are interested in.
ReplyDelete