I don't normally talk about my love interests on here out of respect for the other person, mainly... but also because it seems like the minute I do, it all falls apart. Rarely does someone come a long that is that special, as well.
I've been overflowing with emotion and feeling in the last couple of weeks (as evidenced by some of my posts)because I have met such a person... someone that has had much life experience... who I have a lot in common with... who is caring and sweet and sensual and compassionate... who is accomplished and smart and well-versed... not to mention sexy and beautiful. Sadly, he lives 6000 miles away.
A few year back, he met someone online, fell in love and moved for that person, which made me hopeful. Love knows no boundaries or limits or distance, but when you have those factor into the equation, it makes the possible seem anything but. A 6 hour time difference and continents away across oceans makes it very difficult to communicate, and yet... the whole connection, without being present, is completely through a long-distance connection. The question is, can you fall in love with someone you've never met if communication and things in common are present? For me, that's always been my connection with people... through the heart and mind before the eye or skin.
I am deeply saddened that we had to take a step back, feeling like we were setting ourselves up for heart break. Heart break or heart ache... what's the difference except the time of it's possibility of happening?
Ich werde immer warten hier sein, du bist etwas Besonderes für mich, dass.

Das Herz will, was es will.
ReplyDeleteI know it's sappy, but it made me tear a bit reading this. We have no say in how we feel about people and history is riddled with stories of unrequited love, unrealized romances and ships passing in the night. It is sad to read about this with someone I've grown to like very much in a short amount of time. You're emotions are real and do not need to be put up for scrutiny by others who are not in your shoes. Yes, we can often romanticize a connection "on line" and sometimes the reality doesn't pan out - but sometimes, it does.
I have no answers, opinions or suggestions to offer, just a big hug from 8 hours away and my sincerest sympathy for the struggle of feeling strongly about someone who is so far away. Only you can decide if this is something you want to hold onto and nurture or if you prefer to "be realistic" and decided it can't work for the distance.
Weigh the consequences either way then move forward as you see fit.
S
you two shouldn't step back...love always finds a way. Find out if it is real what you feel for each other. Isn't it worth it? I mean how often do you meet someone you feel for like this? After only a few chats or whatever? Follow your heart and not always your head. But then I am a woman. What do I know...*smiles*
ReplyDeleteWENN ES AUCH UM SOBALD ES KOMMEN WIEDER UND WIEDER .... UND JETZT IHREN HINTERGRUND SINNVOLL! :-)
ReplyDeletestep forward not back.... give it a chance
ReplyDeleteSome people spend a lifetime face-to-face, being unable to communicate and ever really knowing the depths of true love. How lucky you are to have found such and incredible connection, without physicality. Don't be so quick to give up your dreams.
ReplyDeleteExcerpts from, "Love Knows No Boundaries, No Distance, No Fear." - a.k. A blogger in a long distance relationship.
"...emails and typed words captured my heart,
filled me with passion almost from the start...
It's a beautiful love that has grown between us,
Something beyond any words we discuss...Far down to our souls, beyond human touch.
My love's not confined by what it can see,
I feel you, I taste you, I experience your dream.
Close my eyes, and I envision what in my heart I can hear, love knows no boundaries, no distance, no fear."
ah love.
ReplyDeleteno easy answers and all advise is useless; good luck, and keep us posted.
David - So sorry you are having this heartache and/or disappointment! It happens to the best of us, but, you will muddle through it and it will make you stronger - trust me on that one. Sometimes, the person you feel a connection with is in your own back yard and it still doesn't work - Love is Love - Friendship is Friendship - Fellings are Feelings - and as long as we do not let it affect us in a negative way - we will and can endure. I recently met someone that I felt an immediate connection with and kindship and he was just here this weekend. He will coming on a regular basis now and I will continue the acquaintance to friendship with him and let it progress naturally! If it becomes something more - wonderful - if not - then so be it! I believe that in loving yourself, you can love someone else. Also, I have decided that I have to be friends with someone first, have the connection, and let it progress naturally. It is the friendship portion of the relationship that will endure through the tough times all couples face. I don't know if you are borrowing troubles from tomorrow by cutting this person out of your life or moving too fast. Just enjoy it for what it is and if it becomes more, over time, just let it happen. No decisions need to be made at this time. Let it simmer for awhile and see what happens. You can still be friends with him and enjoy that aspect of it! Love ya - Scott
ReplyDeleteI am always the "pollyanna" and thinks that love will prevail. I say unless it is too painful, keep trying....Who knows how this will end up. Fate threw you together, fate will keep it alive and make it happen. In the meantime enjoy the adventure and the excitement (as evidenced in your posts)
ReplyDeleteDaar is 'n spasie langs my waar jy moet wees, maar die ruimte is gevul in my hart
ReplyDelete