I must say that this was the easiest trip I've every taken, as far as logisitics goes. I was from my front door, picked up, parked, shuttled, checked in, through security and at the gate in an hour... and a half hour of that was transportation time. We breezed through security (sadly, no free groping from security) and had two hours before our flight. It was a little more crazier when we landed, but we got all settled in quickly and what can I say... it's absolutely gorgeous here.
The ocean water is so turquoise and clear... the grounds are immaculate... our room is modern, clean and nice... it truly is paradise. I thought I'd have more problems with the internet, since it was explained to me that it's $20.00 for a 24 hour connection, but it turned out that it's a 24 hour bank of time, so I have 4 hours per day of access... not that I want to be inside using the computer when it's so beautiful outside. Eating has proven to be a little difficult as well... even at McDonalds across the street, it's hard to just get a chicken sandwich... between communication, money conversion and trying to get salsa and jalepeno's off what seems to be everything that they cook here, it's been a little challenging. We have a convenience store across the street as well, so we've been able to get things cheaper than in the hotel.
Last night, we ate lightly and hung out in the lounge/lobby area and met 9 women from Ohio, and quickly became the token gays, since this is obviously straight-boy heaven. The lobby has a 7-story atrium with vines growing down from the top floor and a restaurant at the bottom... it's gorgeous. We opted not to get the all-inclusive package so that we wouldn't feel like we had to eat and drink so much to get our money's worth. Everything is so cheap here, and there are plenty of americanized restaurants (TGI Fridays, Bubba Gump) that it doesn't make sense. Mike and I are both watching what we eat, and so far, we've been doing well. We went to the fitness gym in the hotel this morning and had a great workout... later, we're going to take a walk. After that, we hung out at the pool to get a decent base tan and was in the ocean, where the water wasn't as warm as bath water, but was pretty close.
I'm sitting in the lobby, overlooking the pool and the ocean.... it's sunny... and the warm breeze is blowing the palm trees and the air is coming through an open window... I am in paradise. I'm very thankful for life right now.
(Click on any picture for the big version, click again for magnified)
My advice to you...stop going on so many trips...lol
ReplyDeleteI am sure you have enough miles accumulated for around trip to the moon....lol
saludos,
raulito
Glad you're having a good time........I'm jealous for sure. Bring some of that sunshine back to the Brrrrrrgh with you.
ReplyDeleteMay I suggest you don't bother blogging for a while? I would miss you of course, but I think you need to fall down the rabbit hole for awhile- or a better metaphor, go get lost in all that blue !
ReplyDeleteI'm envious - we just got another 4 inches of snow yesterday. Soak up some sun for me.
ReplyDeleteEk mis jou vreeslik. Geniet jou vakansie :)
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like a true paradise...I'm a bit heartsick with envy but happy for you that you get to be there and glad it all seems to be going swimmingly. Now about those sunbathing pics...
ReplyDeletelooks like a perfect dream...and I would look sooo good in that pool LOL waiting for more pictures to make us jealous :) oh and beware of Montezuma's revenge...
ReplyDelete-Sigh-... its chilly in Boston with no respite in sight. Its nice to see that the sun shines and warmth can be enjoyed somewhere. Enjoy your time in Cancun.
ReplyDeletePost a pic or two of you in your bathing suit ;-)