Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Grinch Who Stole Valentine's Day

It came without trinkets, it came without rose... it came without kisses, candy or prose... yes, I survived Valentine's day, unscathed.

Instead of a movie or a nice steak supper, I spent my evening at the gym, which was dead at first, then packed... proving that fit people don't get laid on Valentine's day.  I knew I shouldn't have started to work out.  After 3 hours at the gym (including that frickin' hour-long spin class), I told my friend Dan that I was thankful that I didn't have to go home and pay attention to anyone... because I didn't have the energy to be nice to anyone, let alone touch them.  We hit the buffet at the supermarket, richer for only spending a few bucks instead of a fancy meal for two... and bicep-curled our way, as if holding hands, through what could have been a difficult day.  Pathetic?  Perhaps.  But like shit through a sick goose, it came and went pretty fast and we were left unharmed.

Speaking of a sick goose.... today is my good friend, Scott's birthday and I am meeting him at our casino spot for some wheeling and dealing and a lite steak supper at the buffet.  We haven't been able to do it much with the snow and all, so it will be good to see him, and good for us both to get away for a bit, albeit in a smoke-filled casino with a bunch of blue-hairs in the middle of a work day.  Anything's possible in America.  Please give a shout out to Scott at Scott and Whatnot if you get a chance.  He has become one of the most important people in my life, offering support, understanding and a good kick in the ass, if need be... and I am honored to call him friend, although he's more like the brother that I never had.  The kind that doesn't stick your head in the toilet, offer you two-for-one joints at a reduced cost or cover you with a blanket and beat you about the head and neck with your Winnie the Pooh.

Yesterday, I got tires on my truck and tomorrow I have to get it aligned.  I'm heading out to Philadelphia for 4 days Thursday morning to see my friends before my trip to Cancun next weekend and starting back to work the following week (March 15th).  We're going to head up to New York City to see Wicked and hang out with other friends up there, and with my friends in Philly, so it should be fun.  I've already staked out my LA Fitness out there, so there'll be no rest from working out.  Maybe the Christian Coalition will lay off me since I've changed from the 'gay lifestyle' to the 'healthy lifestyle'.

8 comments:

  1. any chance we'll get to see some pics of you naked at the Playa del Carmen? kiddin...although *wink* send me a postcard yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't diss spin. :)

    I found the class about two years ago and I'm finally down to ONLY doing two classes per week. There is such a thing as overdoing it.

    Happy VD - late

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...cover you with a blanket and beat you about the head and neck with your Winnie the Pooh."

    you are awesome...

    I would hate to hear what may have been inflicted with your Mickey Mouse.

    enjoy your steak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an enjoyable time the next several weeks...... with a return to Pittsburgh and a mid march snow/ice event ........ BUT you will have a tan line. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our V-Day consisted of BBQ then RuPaul's Drag Race then sleep.

    And I've tried spin once. Only once. I couldn't walk normally for 5 days. You are a brave soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David - Thanks for the wonderful day - you made it special - and thanks for giving a shout out about my blog - ut-oh - I think my blog world is getting a little bigger!!! LOL Make sure to have Robin check out my comments as I responded on my comments to her comments - Does she have a page? don't laugh - I am still new at this - lol Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the 'goose' expression is new to me; it made me chuckle.
    I hope you like Wicked; I enjoyed it, and will be curious to hear your 'review'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your valentine's day sounds a lot like mine.

    But I did get chocolates from my mom so...

    ReplyDelete