Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Discombobulated

For some reason, my computer decided to shut down, something I've been on the verge of for a few days now.  I tried rebooting it three times and it just sat there all afternoon doing nothing... again, pretty much what I did.  And after being away for 5 days and feeling disconnected, that's pretty much what my phone and computer was like while I was away.  How has my life become a mirror of my computer's?  Why am I talking like my computer has a life and is real... and is it possible that I'm jealous that my computer has a bigger hard drive?

After the weather took a turn for the worse and our 1-3 inches turned into over 7, I got up this morning and had to quickly shovel myself out for a dentist appointment to get my bridge rebuilt.  After 7 shots of Novocain, a lot of drilling and pounding and two hours of my life that I'll never get back, I was reduced to tears in the parking lot for probably the worst pain I have ever endured in my life.  I was sweating, exhausted from squeezing my thumb to divert the pain and had a massive headache, not to mention numbness on my right side of my head and blurred vision.  It took every ounce of strength to get myself home, take a shower and go to bed.  And that's where I stayed all day long, sleeping most the day away.

Tomorrow, I have to go sit with my Aunt until the cable guy comes to install her cable, followed by trying to teach her how to use the remote.  My windshield in the truck cracked, so I have to have that looked at... get a haircut and drop off my Dad's taxes because the old guy that he went to didn't do them right.  I just can't get back into the swing of things, but I'm hoping that tomorrow is better.  It doesn't feel like anything is clicking, although I was able to churn out a recap of the trip and get a poem posted and out of my head.  I leave again on Saturday.  The world is spinning and I want to get off. 

4 comments:

  1. hang in there! Saturday will be here soon enough and you can get off the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Rough couple of days my friend. Only way out is through. Really hope the pain subside quickly and the weekend is here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took this picture of the tooth sculpture the other day... it's at a sculpture garden near the train station in Hammonton, NJ where we got the train to NYC

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought I was off the rails lately. I am emphatic with your situation now. I've had that excruiating pain from dental problems which is only exacerbated by stress which lowers your immune system. I hope things take a turn for the better for you soon David. The snow doesn't help either.

    ReplyDelete