Saturday, September 12, 2009

From Full of Hope to Full of Nope...

One thing that I didn't tell many people about Mike was his age. He's 24... and although he's in grad school, you can't ignore the 18 years of difference in our ages. Having gone through it with Jesse last year, my concern (although not a problem with Jesse's parents) was my age and how they'd react. When Mike and I have done things and I've asked him if he told his parents where he was, he always said that he didn't tell them since he thought they'd have a problem with it. After the nice date we had a few days ago, I decided that I didn't want to invest any more time into what could be a potential problem or deal-breaker. When backed against the wall tonight at dinner, he thought they would have a problem for sure and I decided that I'm too old to worry about what someone's parents thought about me, so I ended it before it got started. He was a nice kid, but we're definitely on different pages. No big deal.

I don't target younger guys... it seems like the older I get, the younger the guys are that come after me. I am attracted to youth... for the energy (although I can run circles around the young guys I've met)... I'm not ready to sit in front of the TV and give up. I like being active. I find, as I get older, that I'm less likely to put up with someone's crap. I guess that's a good thing, although it probably means that I'll be sitting on a porch swing knitting by myself (or worse, with a cat on my lap) before you know it. Maybe I'll start making jam.

1 comment: