Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Walk in the Park...


Today I decided to run-walk (a technique I use... walk until you see someone coming, then run to make it look like you've been running the whole time, then stop when they pass) to expel some of that anxiety so I went to the Montour Trail. I started walking and before I knew it, I went 4 miles one way and then turned around (despite my telling some people that I would keep on going and not turn back until I hit Fisherman's Wharf)... it wasn't until half-way back that I realized that the markers were 1/2 mile markers, so I really only went 4 miles up and back, rather than the anticipated 8. What a beautiful day though... this is the summer we should have had all summer. Incidentally, that's not me in the picture... my big fat belly knocked him off the path in the first quarter mile.

Hopefully I lost at least 6 pounds today... I'm going to weigh myself... maybe I'll make a sissy first though. All this just in time to get skinny and sweet for my date tonight with Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment