Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just Wanted To Say....

I've been told recently that I live a 'poor me' existence and that this blog is just a way for me to whine about the shit in my life, which seems to be an overwhelming flowing river of it. I know we all have shit in our life. You have to wonder what it's preparing us for. Being able to handle more shit that's coming? An afterlife? Tryouts for that Chinese game show that beats the crap out of you? Sainthood?

I am very fortunate to have such great friends who care and reach out and support. I'd like to think that I have that because I, too, am there in that capacity for my friends. Maybe I'm too wrapped up or bogged down in my own shit and I'm not there as much as I can be? I hope that's not true and that you know that I am here for you as well. All I know is that my capacity to deal and focus is getting less and less as I get older, which is unfortunate since I probably bring on my own problems half of the time. I think we can all relate in how we can be our own worst enemy sometimes.

When I wake up, the first thing that I do is read my friend's blogs (except those of you on facebook)... maybe it's just me, but I want to know what's going on in their lives because I care. For all of you that make it a priority and take the 60 seconds or so out of the 86,400 seconds you have in your day to read my blog, as sappy or silly or stressful as it may be, I am eternally honored and appreciative of your true friendship, let alone those of you that reach out and respond. It makes me feel loved, important and relevant, and I thank you for that.




1 comment:

  1. OK....I'm not campaigning for the friend of the year award here, because God knows I'm not even close, but anyone who is telling you that you live a "poor me" existence needs to shut the Hell up. I have gotten more giggles, snickers and outright belly laughs from this blog than I have in a long time. If every now and then you talk about the shitty, selfish things those around you do to you, so be it. Maybe those that think they are more righteous need to step back and examine their own lives.

    30 years of friendship (OK, with some rather large holes thrown in there) won't go away quickly. I will be the first one there to share the good times and the bad times - or to hold the flashlight while you dispose of the body :)......

    Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete