Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Don't Care About The Word 'Apathy'...


There's plenty of good that my depression medication does, but there are also some side affects that make for a pretty non-productive week. One of them is gaining weight... couple that with binge eating a bunch of junk this past week and I can definitely kiss being skinny and sweet goodbye. Add to it a general sense of apathy, no motivation and constantly feeling lethargic and this week pretty much turned out to be a wash. I was able to get myself outside today to walk 6 miles... so at least I have a reason to be tired now.

It's funny with the medication... you don't really notice yourself being more 'happy'... you're just not aware of feeling miserable and things don't bother you as much, like not getting anything accomplished. With no frame of reference (except those around you being able to tolerate you), you have to wonder if the good outweighs the bad or is it just a draw.

2 comments:

  1. As we talked about on Wednesday, at least my kids are still alive....thanks to pharmaceuticals!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a former psychiatric nurse....antidepressants DO have a valuable place with treatment but in my experience self awareness and balance of "self" helps also and you seem to have that in buckets......
    john

    ReplyDelete