Yesterday, I went back over to my Dad's and had a pretty productive day painting a couple of rooms. My Mom was very particular about the way she kept the house clean and after my Dad and brother and his friend lived there over the last 15 years since her death, it's an absolute mess. I cringed when I went over there knowing how my Mom must be rolling over in her grave. More and more, the house lost all resemblance of my Mom. Yesterday, standing in a freshly-painted and cleaned room, I was transported back... it almost felt like she'd be calling me from the other room. It was great to feel her presence again, as silly as that sounds. It's very therapeutic for me to get things accomplished over there... one step closer to getting rid of my brother's safe haven and getting things paid off for my Dad. My friend, a real estate broker, is coming over to look at the house to get it on the market.
Last night, with Monday Movie Madness, Matt and I went to see 'The Informant' with Matt Damon. A true story about a whistle-blower at a company in the 1990's, Matt Damon was excellent as the lead, gaining weight and taking on all the quirky traits of the character. The movie was very entertaining, well done and funny. I would highly recommend it. Since it's fall and all the flowers are dying, no more petunia ratings until spring. So I give it 4 bags of leaves (and half a bag raked up) out of 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment