
It appears that things are going to get worse before they get better regarding my brother. Over the weekend while I was gone, my brother conned $300 out of my Dad and another $100 yesterday, promising to give it all back when he got his pay yesterday. As usual, that didn't happen and, on top of that, he lost his job. My Dad came back to the house and I have never seen him so angry before in my life. I'm not sure why he hadn't already strangled Dan, but he wanted to, and still does.
It's hard for me to get sucked into it at this point, not to mention telling my Dad 'I told you so', especially since we'll never see that money again and this keeps happening over and over again as well. I wish I could believe my Dad when he says he's done, but I doubt it, although we are going tomorrow to have my brother removed from my Dad's will and getting a restraining order (PFA), which is a big step for my Dad. I also went and got him a cell phone last night so that he can call me or the police when my brother shows up to harass him (although day one, and he didn't take the phone with him today already). I'm concerned that my Dad will do something to him and my brother wouldn't think twice about pressing charges. Also, that my Dad is going to have a heart attack one of these times, which seems to be inevitable.
With my brother out of a job now, it will only be a matter of days before he will go into withdrawal and start after us again, saying that he learned his lesson and he wants to change, etc... all bullshit. Hopefully my Dad won't fall for it. He will never change. He's like an animal now, barely surviving outside of captivity. Sadly, peace and quiet will only come for everyone around him when Dan is gone.
take a deep breath.....
ReplyDeleteat least you know where things are going, and you are prepared .......
gawd.....I have 2 sisters and a brother and all are wonderful.....I am so lucky...
my advice (for what it's worth) have gin and tonic, laugh with a friend....go on a nice date and if all else fails have another gin and a hot bath
x
john
Oh, David......
ReplyDeleteYou're doing all the right things. The PDA is a good idea. And hopefully your dad knows he has to follow through. We just found out that Jaime's biological father (sperm donor) had a stroke after 30+ years of drug abuse. When his mother asked Jaime if she wanted to be notified when he dies, she really wasn't sure. A Hell of a legacy to leave behind....your own flesh and blood doesn't even want to know when you leave this earth.
Unfortunately, Dan will never change. Hopefully this last episode is enough to convince your dad of that.....
Hang in there - I'm always here to talk.....or lunch......or whatever you need.....just let me know.