Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Time Flies...








I've always been the type of person that loves to travel, but once gone from my surroundings, I tend to want to go back home after about 3 or 4 days. There used to be Shelby that I would miss, but now there isn't anybody that's going to jump up on my leg when I walk through the door. My Dad probably doesn't even know I left.. he probably thinks I've been in my room for ten days. And it's not like I always returned to some glamorous life either. Still, I am a creature of habit. I am at the Panera Bread... and I just got done eating the same exact lunch I have had the last 5 days.

Having said that, this trip has been very different. I think it's the only time I have ever relaxed in my life, and not given myself a guilt trip over it. I'm not ready to come home. Not that I'm going to have angst over it, but if I weren't living with my Dad right now, I would consider moving here, as I always have in the past. Despite being hot, people are more active here. There's nothing like running next to the beach to get your day started and everything is so beautiful. Even the street bums look great with a tan standing in front of a palm tree.

The grass may not be any greener here, but at least it's shaded by palm trees and blown by the ocean wind. I dread winter. I leave tomorrow, and I'm not happy about it... at all.

4 comments:

  1. David, as a man with a farmer's tan! I am truly jelous (I have an allotment, ducks,59 hens,turkeys and pigs as well as 4 dogs and a cat)so I spend my life outside...

    glad you had a great holiday.....we may make an effort and try florida on our next US holiday
    peace
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to convince everyone that you ran along the beach everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I did... about 3 miles a day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. looks like the beach in Ft Lauderdale along A1A. No doubt that is where you found Primanti's. Being someone with a Pittsburgh connection, I felt compelled to go there myself while I live in Hollywood, Florida. After having eaten there, I questioned why I subjected myself to that again. Bet your trip to the nudie beach put you at Haulover Beach....Am I right? Was always too initimated to go there, but I always liked the walkway along that beach that connected Sunny Isles with Bal Harbour. Was always a neat stretch to walk/run in the early mornings.

    ReplyDelete