Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Brother, The Ass...

On a hunch, because I know the inter-workings of a heroin addict's mind (or lack-thereof), I decided to go snooping around my brother's room last night when I suspected that he was on a drug run. I found these hypodermic needles hidden in the seat cushion of the chair in his room. He unzipped it and bore out a hole in the foam. He's like my dog when she would hide her bone in the corner of the room out in the open and then think it was hidden well. He'll never outsmart me. The little wax paper bags are what hold the heroin... they were crumbled up and throw in the only garbage can in the house, amongst what looked like the scraps of the makings of a pretty good omelet he had that morning.

He came home with a new stash getting ready to light up and was looking for his needles. HA HA... jokes on you... then I pulled up a minute later and caught him in the act with two of his teenage friends. When I called the police, the two 'friends' ran like nobody's business... when the police came, they searched my brother and found all his tools, needles, etc. on his person, even though he told them he didn't have anything in his pockets. They took him away, but he was out at two a.m. and called me to borrow money to stay in a hotel (since I closed all the windows and took his keys). I threw some stuff on the porch of his.

My brother is a pathological liar. I don't think he has a real grasp on what is the truth and what isn't, and although he has my Dad bamboozled, the rest of the world isn't that naive... if he only knew that. It's like living in an environment where you have to question every single detail... where you can't turn your back or let your guard down for a minute. I don't know what's worse... being on the phone with him listening to one of his schemes... or not hearing anything and knowing there's a scheme going on behind the scene. It's exhausting.

At least now I can clean the house and get it ready for sale. Not that I care where he goes (since he really needs to live on the street to get an idea of how good he actually had it)... but he is supposedly going to live with someone. He'll never change.

1 comment:

  1. David - I'm so sorry for all the shit you've been through with Dan. You're doing the right thing - it just astounds me that with his past record, he was out at 2 a.m. How does that happen???? In any case, I'm thinking of you - take care of yourself, OK???? And LET'S DO LUNCH soon!!!!

    Love ya.....


    Julie

    ReplyDelete