Saturday, August 29, 2009

Final Destination 3-D

Last night we went to see Final Destination, in 3-D, no less. Let's just say they should have made the first one the final destination in the series. The first one was excellent... great premise, surprises, effects... the second one was the first one but no surprises and a tiring premise. This one had none of the previous except blood and guts flying at you in 3-D, which was awesome. I don't like horror movies that much, but it was very interesting to see it in 3-D. I found the story to be basically the same and very tired... and things happened coincidentally too purposeful. There was more of a presence of 'fate' as an antagonist in this one. The leading boy was cute. The rest of them were annoying and I couldn't wait for them to get decapitated or hit by a bus or a flying Nascar car. It did make me very cautious on the way home, thinking about all the ways I could be killed. I certainly didn't go through any yellow lights, make any right-on-reds and avoided buses like the plague.


After that, we went to a bar, of which I haven't been to in about a year. It was great to mingle amongst fellow gay Pittburghers... people who weren't wearing hay bales and leather apparatus and overalls, like down at camp. I was fortunate to have met a really nice guy (Mike)... we may have a date tomorrow.


For effects, I would give the movie 5 petunias, but for the rest of it, I would say one... and the cute leading boy's looks brought that up from a 1/2. So I would have to average it out at 3... and that's generous (I give Mike 5 petunias). The gist: don't make this your final destination on movie night.







No comments:

Post a Comment