Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Progress (or lack thereof)


This week has been a mixed bag of tricks... some ups, some downs... mostly some status quo's. With the weather being crappy, I didn't get too much accomplished work-wise. I did get some things organized and cleaned at our house. BP owes me money again (more than before) so I am getting nervous. I will make a big push to get more done next week. I'm leaving to go down to camp for a four-day weekend Thursday morning... I'll be busy with massages. Last year I did 18 over two days. Not fun. I booked a flight to go to Ft. Lauderdale at the end of the month to stay at my friend's condo. 7 full days of no one and nothing to do. If I had to pull the metal hurricane doors down over the window, no big deal. I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet. This will give me a push to get the BP's done by then. Then I'll have to figure out the Marriott's scheduling. My Dad was peeing blood earlier this week... after a trip to the emergency room, turns out he had a bladder infection and is on medication. The person interested in buying my Dad's house was so kind to inform us that, although my Dad has been walking around for 50 years thinking he had 2 acres, it's only 1.2 acres, which changes the whole ball game. And although they are still interested, we have to get an appraisal and/or adjust the price. I have an appointment with a lawyer later on today to get my old house situation resolved.
My life is a bunch of problems. Most of my friends are sympathetic, compassionate, understanding and supportive. Some are not... are they really my friend then? Three steps forward and two steps back, hoping that I don't trip and tear my stockings trying to get through the maze of life.

1 comment:

  1. some friends challenge your life choices, and that can be a good thing......are they constructive or destructive?
    if destructive....bin them
    john

    ReplyDelete