Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's The Little Things... Very Little...

I installed a hummingbird feeder at camp this weekend and within an hour... had hummingbirds swarming all around... sometimes 4 at a time. They're really awesome to watch... what's great is the feeder that I got is designed so that they actually perch, rather than hover... you get to see more of them that way.

In a related bird story... while cutting down trees on Friday at the Marriott, I un-nested 3 baby birds, but didn't notice them until I was unloading the branches at the compost site... so I took them and put them in the woods along with some bread to eat... surely they probably died by now... oops. Up 4 hummingbirds, down three baby birds... I guess I'm one ahead?

1 comment:

  1. i didnt know that hummingbirds were in pittsburgh....I didnt know it was warm enough?

    sounds great! we only have sparrows here!
    john

    ReplyDelete