
I went to see Bruno last night... I would have to say that I liked Borat better, but I am a sucker for third-world humor much more than gay humor. Do I feel exposed or mocked or ridiculed? No... just uncomfortable. The crowd in the theater seemed to be ok with it all, but it made me cringe a bit. With blatant, crude nudity and a reinforcement of stereotypes, it just wasn't funny and came across as trying too hard to be a gay Borat. And with the camera following him around like a mockumentary, there were times where you didn't know if you were supposed to think that he was being filmed or not, which made it confusing. All in all, I give it 2.5 petunias out of 5. If you want to see gay... go see 35 year old Daniel Radcliffe playing a 16 year old wizard wanna-be... riding around on a broom calling himself 'The Chosen One'... now that's gay.





No comments:
Post a Comment