Thursday, July 30, 2009

Progress

I went down to Duval Street last night... pretty dead. This is the off-season though. At least I was back early so I could get up early to do my walk and workout in the fitness room before heading to the complimentary buffet. I'm really getting used to be pampered. I used to think that "we'll leave the light on" at Motel 6 was nice of them to flick the switch. Not so much when you have a full staff tripping over you. 'Status' in the hotel business is a huge thing that is probably out of control. It sets the bar so high that it is virtually unreachable... and has created a band of snobs in some that expect way too much for the money that their companies are spending. It creates a hatred in the staff and makes the customer service that you are getting, fake. Employees are only trying to keep their scores up, not because they really care about you.

Last night I slept on the couch. I felt badly that the housekeeper would have to remake it and the water it would take to wash the linens. I also haven't used the jacuzzi in my bathroom. The 'pleasure' over 'resources' is a weighty debate. Maybe I'm not cut out to be pampered. I did like when they came in and fluffed my ballcap though. I am fortunate to have this opportunity and appreciate what Elaine did for me.... oops.... have to go... the van driver is here to rub my feet.

On a totally unrelated matter... I have to get checked for a blood disorder called Factor Five Leiden... it's a genetic defect that makes blood too thick and then it clots. With my biological background unfolding even more (having recently met some of my half-siblings on my mothers side) to include my birth fathers side as well. I may have a nephew that will be willing to do a DNA test. When I get back, I will have a lunch with him and what would be my half-brother to discuss it. Although hesitant in the past, with the surfacing of the picture and my resemblance, they are wanting to figure it out and possibly embrace me as a relative. The catch twenty-two is that if I am their brother, I may have the blood defect that almost took one of their lives 3 times already in their late 40's. We'll see what happens. From very little information to so much progress and information, I feel like that tropical tree that the roots grow down into the ground from the grown tree branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment