Monday, July 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

After a rocky start to the day (4 hours of sleep, trouble picking out a traveling outfit(I went with khaki shorts, gray t-shirt, tennis shoes and my faded hat for a change), the flight out of Pittsburgh to Philly was almost delayed an hour which would have made me miss the connecting flight (but then we took off 10 minutes later), and I was surrounded by children on the plane... I thought they were supposed to be stored in steerage)...anyway, I made it here. It's about 90 degrees and sunny and not a weed in sight (or a family member, if there's a difference). I got the condo all set up and cleaned. I'll have to go get some food (I'm going to try to kick-start better eating) and maybe walk down to the beach. Tomorrow will start my first run... I hope to lose a few pounds on this trip and I may go to a gym. I will have to ponder that over the large cold-brewed s'mores frappucino I am drinking right now.

I don't have internet in the condo... so I'm at a Borders Books. I will be updating the blog daily, I hope, although the mice that power this old laptop take too many breaks and it doesn't work very well. It won't let me upload pics for some reason. I may just throw it in the ocean.

Wednesday, early a.m., I head to Key West for two nights... back on Friday to Ft. Lauderdale.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it in one piece. I'm insanely jealous of you right now....what I wouldn't give to lay on a beach. Hmpf. Oh, well....at least one of us can have fun - have some tropical drink for me, would ya?

    ReplyDelete