Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Blaze of Glory...




Tonight, I was lying in bed watching Paris Hilton's 'My New BFF' when I got a call from my neighbor across the street from my old house... apparently the house next door to mine (see early-on in my blog when I was leaving the neighborhood and I berated my next door neighbors several times for being trashy scum) was burning down. By the time I fast forwarded to see who Paris 't.t.y.n.'d, I guess they got it under control... because when I got there, it was out and there were about 50 hot firemen surrounding my old house. If I knew it were that easy to get them there when I lived there, I would have set my house on fire long ago... big manly-muscle arms... big manly-muscle legs.... (but I digress). There was smoldering, alright, but not in my house... more like in my knickers.

It was strange being there in the crowd looking at my old house. It was like I was standing outside my life (or the life that I had blocked out) watching... As if I still lived there. I'm so glad I'm out of that neighborhood. A fight, a shooting, a fire... always something happening. The owners next door abandoned their house right around the time I left, so who knows, it could have been arson. Imagine if I still lived there... what could have happened... it would have really interrupted more of My New BFF, that's for sure.

Stay tuned to your local station for breaking news... Meanwhile (now it's 3:30 a.m.), I wanted to watch the premiere of a new season of Hell's Kitchen tonight... I love when Gordon Ramsey calls the interns silly cows.

2 comments:

  1. interesting point! yes your UK stalker is still here...!
    We moved from the city of sheffield (pittsburgh twin town by the way) to live in the country here in North Wales.....I visit sheffield perhaps once a month to catch up with old friends and one friend was my old neighbour.
    I see my old house a great deal and strangely I now have no emotions about it at all, even though it was one of the happiest houses that I ever lived in!
    I always say that when we (partner, 2 cats 2 dogs and our possessions all crammed into the car to drive to wales....my life and loves went with us...)
    peace
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John... I am honored that you read my blog... so many times I have wanted to respond to your comments via email... you can always email me at pittguy2008@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete