Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Envy

I recently convinced my friend Michael to start blogging as a way to work through some issues and get things off his chest.  Reading through some of his first posts, it reminds me of when I first started, some 935 posts ago.  Somewhere along the way, depending on what type of blog you want to have, you go from choosing your topics to write about to them choosing you.  I've gone through periods where I felt it was getting stale or I've tried new features that maybe didn't feel right, and I'm kind of left with the current format of topics choosing me from my daily life and me bitching about it, however still therapeutic... so I guess it's working, although it may not be as chipper and entertaining as, say, Perez Hilton's blog.  Making progress in your life doesn't always have to be exciting or come across like fireworks... it can be as simple as a calm realization. 

Sometimes, I'm sure it comes across like a soap opera you tune into;  you silently watch as the characters, without your influence, do the exact opposite of what you'd do.  Maybe you still loyally watch... maybe you get up during that scene and make a sandwich... maybe you take a pee... or maybe you tune into The Price is Right instead.  You follow the shows you watch or the books you read because you either relate somehow, it takes you somewhere that you wouldn't have gone otherwise, or it makes you feel better about your life.  As the programmer, all I can hope for is that I have been able to share, inspire or make you laugh.

1 comment: