The dinner party last night was excellent. Compared to the party with my friends on Saturday night where we talked about hooking up and the antics at camp (the guy into scat)... the conversation was more refined with various topics such as religion, politics and business, to name a few. I absolutely love meeting new people and trying to figure them out. Giuseppe did an excellent job with the food... with the turkey and stuffing being my favorite. Starting at 5, the last guest left around 11, and G and I watched our programs and passed out until around 2:30 a.m. It wasn't until I was on my way home that I remembered that the cleaning people were coming at 8 a.m. this morning.
After a few hours sleep, I sprang up and was able to clean the laundry room from top to bottom before they got here and washed the throw rugs from the bathrooms and the kitchen. I'm having them do a really deep clean, moving stuff and doing windows, etc. I'll probably have them back twice a month. Sadly, with me being my own worst enemy, I have a combination of Italian guilt and self-persecution going on, mixed with a business style that stems from that where I usually, when assigning jobs, take the shittiest one myself. I'm not sure if I'm trying to prove that I'm not better than anyone else or it's a control issue (not trusting people to do it right)... or if I like doing the worst job because I love the satisfaction of standing back and seeing the glaring results. Regardless, I would never allow myself the pleasure of having someone do everything for me. As a result, I told them not to do my bedroom and bathroom. It keeps me honest, I guess. I'm very happy to have the help though since, usually, by the time that I get one floor done and move to the next, it's time to go back and do the previous floor again. It never gets finished completely. I'm about to explode from actually getting things accomplished over the last month. It's a good feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment