I've been on a weird sleep cycle lately. Here it is 3 am and I'm wide awake... and I'll be up at the crack of dawn. Even with working hard at the Marriott this whole week, I'm not tired. Ugh!
President Obama spoke today at his press conference. He was particularly somber and acted as though he was humbled by the 'shellacking' that he took in the elections. And while he stuck by his decisions that got the economy stabilized and growing, he said he could have done more to get through to the American citizens. In the throws of the emergency situations, he had to make tough decisions that the people saw as intrusive or that they didn't understand (or only understood what was told to them on Fox News). The people have to be responsible for getting accurate, truthful information... when you get it from twisted sources, you have to accept that you didn't do your job. The job that he failed to do is communicate... communicate the hope and confidence that he exuded in his campaign... and communicate the progress made over the last 18 months. He has accomplished so much in such a short time, given what he inherited. I hope that the two parties can work together to continue the progress. I have never felt since what I felt during the Bush years, but I have confidence that things are getting better.

No comments:
Post a Comment