Before you call 911 and send out an Amber alert like I'm some pedophile (from the posting title)... read on...
It's so miserable outside... pouring down rain like it's never going to stop. I had some running around to do today and wasn't feeling that great, so I bagged the movie for tonight in favor of just heading home and getting into bed and watching TV. One of the stops was the grocery store and I was in the mood for tater tots, so I picked up some of those and cooked them. While the oven was on, I had a tube of poppin-fresh crescent rolls from Thanksgiving dinner that we didn't use, and wanted to use them up... so I wrapped them around some little wieners. I tell you, I felt like I was at a swanky wedding or something. I almost went and put my fancy ballcap on and a fresh gray t-shirt and cargo shorts. You gotta love a little wiener... they taste so good, just popping one in your mouth. It's hot in here... or is that the heat from the oven?
My programs (pronounced 'progrums') have been all screwed up between the holiday and football. It's been all repeats. On top of that, one of the batteries in my remote control leaked acid and made it mentally challenged... if you pressed something, it wouldn't react until three seconds later. Or it had ADD... if you didn't press the keys fast enough, it forgot what it was supposed to do and went back to what it was doing. And I was fresh out of remote Ritalin, so I had to get a replacement today. Is this how it's going to be with television now... with your sporty-sports spectaculars and your little house on the prairie christmas fantasticos? You can keep it all... just give me back my Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. Why do the gays always have to have some sort of hardship from the straighties?

No comments:
Post a Comment