Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day

Other than going to my past boyfriend's family get togethers over the years, I can't remember the last time that my family had any kind of organized dinner for Thanksgiving or for Christmas.  Since my mom passed away in 1994, that was probably the last time, so holidays turn out to be just another day for me, which is fine.

It's funny how the country has changed.  I remember when we were younger, there wasn't anything open on holidays.. and most time the day before as well.  Now, the big box retailers seem to all have hours.  I think Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only two where there isn't anything open... and that makes me claustrophobic.  I'm like my Aunt in that respect... I like to go to a store or at least Barnes and Noble every day just to get out.

Today, my Dad will open up a bag of frozen broccoli/cauliflower in the fake cheese sauce, some poppin-fresh biscuits, some stove top stuffing and a can of corn with the pre-cooked ham and that will be our dinner.  In fact, he's down there now making it all already because he had nothing else to do and was excited about it.  So we'll sit there and share a meal together with the AM radio playing in the background... 15 minutes later, I'll be back in my room watching a movie and he'll be back to watching a game and that will wrap up another holiday for us.  And still, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  I am, however, salivating over my friend, John's (the one in Wales who raises foul, including turkeys), picture today... he sees a pet and I see some juicy white meat... YUM! 

Happy Thanksgiving to my family, friends and readers, all of which I am very thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Me and Boris....
    the picture circles the world!!!!..

    happy thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, sweetie......hope it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete