Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Day at the House
















I wanted to be outside today, so I took my tree pruners and cut back the large Maple trees in the front yard. They were hanging almost down to the grass... duh... no one has done anything over there for years. I took two loads to the composting site. I had to get the furniture back into the house after bringing it all out on the porch for the Salvation Army yesterday. I also got the hallway painted and some other things.

The outside of the house, even let go, shows well. My Dad cut grass today... it takes about 4 hours. I wanted to do it the other day, but it gives him something to do. The long-needle pine tree in the backyard to the right of the 1st picture was the size of Charlie Brown's tree when we planted it. Across from that, the people who owned it in the 50's leveled the yard for a tennis court or pool, but didn't do either. We used it as the football field. In the 3rd pic down, the area near the house was the baseball diamond. And in the last two pictures, when the leaves fell, we would rake out roads in the front yard and ride around, making leaf forts for our houses.

1 comment: