Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Boob Tube

I have to admit that, over time, my taste/comprehension/limits for TV have drastically changed. While the most intelligent shows that I watch are probably CSI, NCIS, Cash Cab, and various others from the History and Discovery channels, a large majority fall into the 'mindless TV' range. I find that by the time I finally sit down to watch TV at 10 p.m., the last thing that I want to do is have to think about it. So, instead, I watch things like: Big Bang Theory, New Adventures of Old Christine, The Middle, Modern Family, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Gary Unmarried, Private Practice, Desperate Housewives, SNL, Chelsea Lately, Hell's Kitchen and Two and a Half Men.


Then there are the shows that I find myself watching, which I refer to as 'train wreck' shows... you know, the shows that you feel guilty watching... or change the channel when someone walks in the room... or can't look away. I am embarrassed to say that these are the 'train wreck' shows that I watch: Tool Academy, Dallas Divas and Daughters, Parking Wars, Real World, Wife Swap, Supernanny, Paris Hilton's My New BFF, and Bromance. I think that the common thread between them is that I enjoy trying to figure out why people do the things they do... I'm always amazed when I watch people do stupid things. Maybe someone is watching me watching those shows, amazed at my stupidity?

1 comment:

  1. I recognise some of the programmes you mention....
    I do watch things like ER,BROTHERS & SISTERS (SALLY FIELD IS TOPS),cHELSEA LATELY,and for my sins, COPS!
    Late night viewing IS A REALITY uk cop show called ROAD WARS....(I have a guilty crush on one of the cops called CHARLIE ETHERIDGE (see previous blog)
    how sad am I?
    older tv shows I have liked are
    SEX AND THE CITY,
    LAND OF THE GIANTS
    VOYAGER
    PEYTON PLACE
    TENKO (a serial about women prisionors of war in a Japanese concentration camp!!)
    pretty eclectic

    ReplyDelete