Friday, October 2, 2009

Zombieland...


We kind of turned Monday Movie Madness into Friday Film Freakshow by going to see Zombieland tonight. It stars Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg. From the first line of the movie, it was a total scream. Never have I had so much fun in a movie before... and a non-sensical one at that. The movie, much like Will Smith's 'I am Legend'... with the movie opening on an apocalypse of sorts... we learn that a virus started that turned people into zombies and they chase the non-zombies and bite/eat them and they turn into zombies too. Being the last few humans left, a day in the life becomes trying to stick to your rules to stay alive and kill the zombies, looking for civilization of some sort. In between, the quest for Twinkies... why cardio is so important... what's a double-tap... why rednecks are so invaluable and (oops) you shot Bill Murray. Oh... and, btw... Jesse Eisenberg and I are dating... he doesn't know yet. He is the cutest nerd ever.

This is, by far, the most entertaining, funny movie I have seen in a long time. Once you have the plot (explained above), you get no closer to finding out more of how it happened or even what happens to the world. It's not important... just go along for the ride. This gets 5 bags of leaves out of 5... and I'm standing there waiting for more leaves to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment