Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood











Last week, I had scheduled the Salvation Army to stop by my Dad's and pick up some furniture. Of course, they give you a window of time (8-3) when they may (or may not) show up... so I raced over to the house and got all the furniture (7 pieces) out onto the front porch to make it easier when they came. I went about my business and got the hallway painted and did some odds and ends... at 3, they hadn't come yet, so I left and called them on the way home... here there was a mix up and it's next Wednesday that they are coming. So all the stuff is on the front porch still. I have to go and bring it back in tomorrow. Fortunately, it was 72 and sunny today (after 35 degree highs last week) and will be tomorrow as well, so at least it didn't get wet.

I hated to be indoors today. This is our last big load of warm weather... so I went out to Raccoon State Park and took my camera. I was probably about a week too late. Most of the trees were already changed, but I got some nice pics. I'd like to skip out tomorrow for a bit as well... I leave on Friday for the last weekend of camp. Sadly, the weather is changing to rain and colder on Friday for the weekend, so camp will probably be miserable.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics from Raccoon.....I usually go there to take pictures and always end upabout a week too late. This year I planned to go out earlier, and alas, ended up sick for 5 days, and during the peak weekend! I was bummed and got no pictures this year so thanks for sharing yours!!

    John

    ReplyDelete