Friday, August 12, 2011

Tids and Bits

The sun is out... it's about 63 degrees with no humidity... it's actually a bit chilly outside, but beautiful.  It does my mood good... I love Fall, and that's what it feels like.  I have some running around to do, but I'm hoping to get outside today to ride my bike on the trail or something.

I've been vulnerable over the last week or so, which has wreaked havoc on my emotions... I'm all over the board.  My Aunt being in the hospital this week hasn't helped, as it, and other things, have sparked memories and reactions that I wasn't prepared to think about.  I'm lonely, sad and mostly want to run and hide.  I hate feeling this way.  The ride should do me good... or maybe I'll get in the truck and drive.  Tonight, we have dinner with some of John's friends... then I'm off to the Blue Moon tonight and tomorrow night.

I've been going back and forth about getting a third job to keep me busy, but I applied to be a volunteer at the Humane Society a block from John's house and they accepted my application.  I have an orientation on August 30th, then I can start dog walking.  I think being around the dogs will do me good.  Over the last couple nights, sleeping well with the cool weather, I've had a lot of dreams... two of them about my dog, Shelby, that passed away.  I miss her.  There's nothing like a dog's unconditional love to make you feel good.  I'm looking forward to giving lots of dogs lots of love.  I think it will do us both some good.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry if my meltdown contributed in any way to your anguish…..been a rough week for sure. Glad to know you’re always there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 63 degrees...I wish. Still hot down here in Slower Lower (aka Sussex County Delaware). I also love Fall.

    It's always good to get out and walk, ride or whatever to clear your mind. I do it all the time. If I didn't I would get seriously depressed. I'm overdue for a long walk on the boardwalk which I will take early tomorrow morning.

    My best to you always D@vid. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About working at the Humane Shelter, that's good work. Something I couldn't do though because I would want to adopt them all. You're right though about a dog's unconditional love, the best medicine there is. They are waiting for your love D@avid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myheart goes out to you, David. I hope you take a long ride that will make you feel better. I do understand about all of the stress you are going through. Dogs do love their people without and problems. That is why it almost killed me when I had to put JuJu down. She trusted me to the fullest; I knew it was time. I hated doing it, but it was for the best.
    I think the dog rescue will help as well.
    Hope youhave a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my emotional state is less than stable, I find a nice walk out in the great weather can really clear a head and balance things out.

    Hope you feel better and get out and enjoy that nice weather. with the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there! My family had a Westie, and Shelby reminds me of Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hang on buddy...you will look back upon this tomorrow and think how silly it was to feel down.
    Besides, you always have one great consolation...you are young and hot...you look terrific and even if you do nothing else...do this for me...go to the mirror and look into it for a good three minutes and I know you will feel better....it works...believe me
    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  8. D@vid, I'm not one to tell you or other people in general " I told you so" because really what's the point? People grow and learn from their mistakes and choices they make in life. However I felt that your relationship really didn't have a chance to survive. Your age difference is just too great for the kind of relationship that it seems you want to have. But I also noticed that you said " This time I was able to think with my heart". I'm puzzled on that because it sounds like on one hand you don't know or your not sure how to LOVE. I say that because if you LOVE someone you open and feel with your heart not think. There's really no thinking about being in LOVE. You feel it in your heart and all around you that it takes over your whole being. I'm not saying that you haven't felt that but maybe you have been so consumed with things in your life that you forgot how to really open up and feel it in your heart. On the other hand your poem here about "THE WOUND" it sounds like you were experiencing LOVE and some very deep feelings. Is that poem about your LOVE or just thoughts? Does this other person still exist or is in your life? Does this other person feel the same way that you expressed? Do you still have feelings for this other person? Open up your heart and feel that true and deep and real LOVE once again. You can't choose who you fall in LOVE with. LOVE chooses you. You are a wonderful talented poet and speak from the heart. Amazing to bring tears to the eyes. Your a seed, a bud, a flower blossoming soon in full bloom. I know that volunteering and giving your LOVE to the dogs and puppies will help. Believe me I know. Their LOVE makes so much pain, lonelness and sadness go away. Peace

    ReplyDelete