It's been an interesting week/weekend. I've been running back and forth to my Aunt's house... running her errands and trying to keep my head above water. I didn't work at the bar this weekend, so I was able to go out and have a few Long Island Iced Teas for myself.... I was on a mission to get drunk, and I did. A few lunches with some friends over the weekend, and here it is, Sunday. Tomorrow, I have a little work to do at the Marriott... and then I'm scheduled to head down to gay camp for a few days to do the landscaping project and grill deck bump-out around the deck that I built a month or so ago. It's supposed to be nice weather, so I'm looking forward to the project and getting away.
I'm off labor day weekend as well... and I'm looking to get away. I've considered every option in the continental U.S., but it looks like I will either head to Myrtle Beach to see my friend Brad... or, if the hurricane brewing in the Caribbean hits, I may just go to Columbus for an extended weekend. Florida will definitely be in the Fall and again in January, probably.
I've felt so blah the last couple of weeks. I've been walking on the trail, 7 miles at a time.... did that Friday and this morning (got rained/poured on for 3 miles of it), but I haven't been able to get into the full swing of getting back to the gym. I'm having a hard time caring about anything... my apathy is at an all-time high. I'm hoping that getting this project done and being in the country will help clear my head and give me some much-needed 'me' time.
I'll wave to you as I'm passing through Columbus on the way to Cleveland for Labor Day weekend :-)
ReplyDeleteApathy!
ReplyDeleteAPATHY???
Isn't it the opposite? You've been running around since I started following your blog some 5 months ago!!!
Can't you just stop for a while and rest? LOL!
You've been saying over and over how much you don't have enough time to do this and to do that, how much you don't have enough energy, etc... and now, you've got a chance to have a whole weekend off, and all you think about is to do stuff again...
Run, run, run...
Move, move, move...
Perform, perform, perform..
Ever thought that "this" could be the problem here, if there is one, of course!
Just sayin'! My apology if I'm getting it all wrong.
;)
Hugs
Jon
I agree to Jon...maybe a man in your age should take it a bit slower...*ducks and runs* tee hee
ReplyDeletehave a great time Pezzy, enjoy the gay camp...oohhh fantasy runs wild grin *waves* and plan some time to recover ;o)
You know,DeepBlue has a point. There's something to be said for doing absolutely nothing.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy a nap perhaps.
...I am never as depressed as when I do absolutely nothing. I wish I was one of those people who can "do nothing" to unwind but some of us are just not wired that way.
ReplyDeleteHowever, that run I took on Friday night was heaven sent. Totally got things sorted and "filed" or "deleted" in my head.
I hope the peace you are looking for finds you...
Oh and one more thing, if you do get the traveling bug, Boston is particularly lovely this time of year. I'm just sayin'....
ReplyDelete