The weekend was crazy busy... our night out... rafting on Saturday, and Kennywood yesterday. It was a beautiful clear day, but it was still so hot that you could never get cooled off or your thirst quenched. There were 5 of us in our group and we all had a great time... it's always fun to go back... so many childhood memories. I got to see Kenny Kangaroo... John bought me a candy apple to go along with all the other bad food that I stuffed in my face (like cheddar bacon potato patch fries... a hot dog... et.al) and we rode a bunch of rides. In the picture, I'm the one on the far right front, upside down, screaming like a little school girl who's ice cream fell off the cone.... (Oh... I had ice cream too... with sprinkles and a cherry). Good times.
Back to the gym though, my body still in severe pain after getting back to there for the first time in months last week and paddling all day Saturday. I'm anticipating a miserably hot day of cutting grass today, so that should make it extra specially fun.
Now that I'm not heading to Philly and Rehoboth this week, there are a bunch of things that I want to get accomplished on my 'staycation'. Originally off this coming weekend from the bar, they decided to open, so I'll be working the next two weekends (Fri and Sat). Since Kyle has started barbacking a few weeks ago... they want to train him to be a bartender, and that will be my 'out' for quitting and getting my weekends back.

Wish I was there! Only once in my life did I go to a fair and do the things you guys did this weekend. Great fun! I would do it again in a second.
ReplyDeleteI love your plan...not the grass cutting part ;)
ReplyDelete"screaming like a little school girl who's ice cream fell off the cone"
ReplyDeleteThat part really made me laugh. That's some funny shizz right there haha
The heat and humidty mixed in with grass cutting will help sweat out some of that "good food" I feel old now I have not been to kennywood since 1970 :=-
ReplyDeleteYou had me at "cheddar bacon potato patch fries".
ReplyDeleteheavens to betsy! I read this as Kyle has started barebacking a few weeks ago...
ReplyDeletephew !
That sounds great! I love Kennywood Park! Best roller coasters in the country...
ReplyDeleteAhhh, I'll never dare to take this ride. I'd probably die of a heart attack. Took a ride on the swinging Viking Ship once, that was enough experience for me!
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't help it, Ur-spo's comment on 'barebacking'... :P
LOL I misread 'barbacking' too!
ReplyDeleteMmmm, sprinkles...