As you may recall, I used to keep my house at 45 degrees throughout the Winter and my bills were around $145.00. My Dad's were around $450.00 set at about 68. In the new place, we have been consistently keeping it at or around 64 degrees... and that's with me walking around in shorts and a t-shirt. For me, it's like being in Miami... I actually had to shut the vent in my bedroom because I was too warm. With it set on 64 degrees, we just got our first full month's bill.... $66.00. These places are being built in a matter of weeks... they look like they could be blown over with a stiff wind, but they must be doing something right with insulation and efficiency. I may turn it up to 65 and take a vacation south of the equator.Thursday, March 26, 2009
I've Got Gas... And Plenty Of It...
As you may recall, I used to keep my house at 45 degrees throughout the Winter and my bills were around $145.00. My Dad's were around $450.00 set at about 68. In the new place, we have been consistently keeping it at or around 64 degrees... and that's with me walking around in shorts and a t-shirt. For me, it's like being in Miami... I actually had to shut the vent in my bedroom because I was too warm. With it set on 64 degrees, we just got our first full month's bill.... $66.00. These places are being built in a matter of weeks... they look like they could be blown over with a stiff wind, but they must be doing something right with insulation and efficiency. I may turn it up to 65 and take a vacation south of the equator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment