Anyway, in an effort to overcome my fear of heights, I decided to go up into the Eiffel Tower at Paris Casino today, something that I've never done. When I was in Paris, France years ago... I, stupidly, didn't go up in that one and I've regretted it my whole life. This one is half scale... only 541 feet high (because with the airport nearby, the FAA wouldn't let them build it to scale as they wanted to), but quite scary, nonetheless. With the whole thing caged in at the top, I still felt like I was going to fall... or worse... I couldn't get the images of the whole thing falling over (seen too many apocalyptic catastrophe movies) out of my head long enough to actually enjoy it, despite having taken some great shots. I could feel the thing swaying in the wind the whole time and this stupid little kid (too dumb to have no fear) kept bumping into me. It was a great view... you can see everything from up there. Maybe the Stratosphere's needle next week?
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Rapunzel.... Let Your... Guard... Down
Anyway, in an effort to overcome my fear of heights, I decided to go up into the Eiffel Tower at Paris Casino today, something that I've never done. When I was in Paris, France years ago... I, stupidly, didn't go up in that one and I've regretted it my whole life. This one is half scale... only 541 feet high (because with the airport nearby, the FAA wouldn't let them build it to scale as they wanted to), but quite scary, nonetheless. With the whole thing caged in at the top, I still felt like I was going to fall... or worse... I couldn't get the images of the whole thing falling over (seen too many apocalyptic catastrophe movies) out of my head long enough to actually enjoy it, despite having taken some great shots. I could feel the thing swaying in the wind the whole time and this stupid little kid (too dumb to have no fear) kept bumping into me. It was a great view... you can see everything from up there. Maybe the Stratosphere's needle next week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love seeing the Strip from this view. I've never been but it's nice to see something of Vegas that's not a-typical. Hope you took your Dramamine, Dorothy.
ReplyDeleteVery proud of you, Schmoop.....
ReplyDelete