Saturday, June 6, 2009

Only In Pittsburgh...

There should be no doubt in your mind that when you're behind the person with this bumper sticker that you are definitely in Pittsburgh (probably able to read it because this jagoff doesn't know how to drive through a tunnel at a decent speed). Jagoff is a classic word... it ranks right up there with 'skank' and the pointedly abrupt 'c' word... which, when called these, you shouldn't have to stop and think about what the person saying it to you meant. Alhough not nearly as famous, the equally clear 'jaggerass' ranks right up there as well and is one of my personal favorites.

Jagoff

definition:
Pittsburgh slang (or Pittsburghese) for an asshole, anyone irritating or out of line, or not in love with the Steelers and not drinking Iron City on a regular basis.

Usage:
Yinz gonna go dahtahn to watch the Stilers at Shooter's and drink some ahrns or go sit wit the jagoffs and watch football at Friday's?

2 comments:

  1. I will look out for the Brother's Bloom when it finally gets a release here in wales. Mind you I live in a tiny village, so I may be waiting a good while......having said that I do get to the pics (aka movies) weekly!
    Mark Ruffalo is in this film isnt he? very cute!!
    cherio
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, John... Mark is in the movie... yum! Did you see In Bruges? Wasn't that in Wales?

    ReplyDelete