8 hours into day two of the strike, and 'The Man' collapsed under the pressure of the work stand-still. They are over-nighting the entire outstanding amount, which I'll have Monday (unless I owe you money... then... uh... I'm not sure when I'm going to get it... I'll get back to you). I didn't even have to make a sign, choose something cute to wear on the picket line or come up with a catchy chant. I was kicking around "Weeds, weeds, the magical fruit.... the more you... don't pay me, bitches... I'm gonna come down there and cut you... how 'bout that?" It doesn't rhyme, but I think it would have been effective. I feel just like Norma Rae, played by the always emotional yet equally fabulous Sally Field... of the current 'Brothers and Sister' fame. Power to the people!!
Friday, June 12, 2009
DAY TWO...
8 hours into day two of the strike, and 'The Man' collapsed under the pressure of the work stand-still. They are over-nighting the entire outstanding amount, which I'll have Monday (unless I owe you money... then... uh... I'm not sure when I'm going to get it... I'll get back to you). I didn't even have to make a sign, choose something cute to wear on the picket line or come up with a catchy chant. I was kicking around "Weeds, weeds, the magical fruit.... the more you... don't pay me, bitches... I'm gonna come down there and cut you... how 'bout that?" It doesn't rhyme, but I think it would have been effective. I feel just like Norma Rae, played by the always emotional yet equally fabulous Sally Field... of the current 'Brothers and Sister' fame. Power to the people!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment