Thursday, June 11, 2009

DAY ONE...

I have been pushed to the brink... conditions have worsened at work... after being forced to pull weeds, be subjected to poison (ivy), trim trees and shovel mulch all day long in the blazing sun (oh wait, that IS what I do for a living on purpose)... any way, I had no choice but to go on strike last night against BP.

I have not received payment for any of the jobs that I did, with the oldest one being over a month old now and my terms are 'due upon receipt', which generally means it gets paid in the next check run from when you submit it. They had their payables person walk out last week (another strike, I suppose... probably made her push papers and file and write checks all day long in 74 degree climate-controlled temperatures... yikes!)... apparently their bookkeeping is a mess. And although I don't think they are purposely jacking me around, none-the-less, I still haven't been paid.

I slept until 9am this morning, am watching a movie in bed and had eggs like I was at the Waffle House (minus the waitress named Griselda). This is the life. It's almost like it's a vacation or at least a Saturday morning... Gotta go... Union rep is ringing in....

1 comment: