Thursday, November 3, 2011

That's All, Folks!

I've been going back and forth about ending the blog for several reasons... apathy, over-exposure, and time constraints, to name a few.   Mainly, I'm tired of talking, hearing myself and over-analyzing every single thing.  Time to fly by the seat of my pants.

I've had a great run... I enjoyed meeting many great people and will continue to follow their blogs. 

I appreciate the support, advice and interest on everyone's part.  Thank you for sharing my life... 

17 comments:

  1. Nooooooooh....I enjoy your blog

    Please reconsider

    saludos,
    raulito
    http://fromtop2bttm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over-analyzing everything? I'm guilty of that too. Do yourself a favor and run, don't walk, to the nearest bookstore and buy yourself a copy of the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, and It's All Small Stuff". This book saved me from myself, and it can save you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a break from it for a while
    sometimes frivolity is the order of the day.
    so keep your options open.
    if you have gone for good.. best wishes to you in finding what you want in life...
    I think that perhaps you do over think things (says me!) but your blog has always provided me with a good read.
    best wishes for the future
    john

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss your smiling face . . . All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a real shame, I genuinely mean that. I have really enjoyed reading your blog these past few months.

    I am sorry I have not commented more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you no matter what you decide.....now LET'S DO LUNCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I can speak for many when I say I will very much miss your writing, and will miss you so. Again, I hope this is merely just a dry spell, and you will come back, even if just once in a while. For we / I do wish to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nooooooooooooooooooooo! No more yummy D@vid pics? No more wonderful landscaping pics? No more yummy D@vid pics - Yes, it bares repeating! Noooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes, D@vid, you sweet, handsome guy! Maybe you came stop by once a month or so to let us know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck to you and stay well.
    Hugs,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're QUITTING? After you just became a weekend read for me??

    Not cool. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take good care of yourself and give a kiss to Robin for me!
    Hugs
    Jon


    p.s. You won't believe the Word Verification I got: "packins"

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I caught wind of this yesterday. And I thought Oh hell- to-the-no on that....

    As I'm working through the stages of loss...and even if I am a word whore and I have many blogs I follow. Yours is special.

    There are two of this genre, yes only two, that I love. That I'd been thinking...that's a guy I'd like to read in published form. And ya know that I would hide bodies if it came to that.

    Or whatever else.

    Two now become one and it has nothing to do with gay marriage dang it.

    Isn't it funny how in the course of surfing through all these many pages, photo's, rants, and blessings--words offered into that vague place of tide-washed sand, some things have an ability to stick.

    If I only I could, I'd send you a copy of Anne Lamott's Bird By Bird--you know the "people's author".
    You'd know after reading her that your time hasn't been wasted and that ya have a gift.


    In my book you are beautifully real and an important voice of certain uncertainty and that this isn't for nothing, that something important is at stake. You and the Dogpoet-- bring some sort of meaning to the day-to-day wanderings of those who wander but aren't yet ready to ask for an escape route.

    God bless ya.

    I hope you'll be back, with new insight, more of that raw courage and yes, those wonderful photo's. And if ya want a copy of Bird By Bird, ya know how to get ahold of me. One will be on its way.

    Timbo

    ReplyDelete
  14. David,

    I understand how you feel. I've been taking a break myself lately. I've actually considered going on hiatus until my health issue is resolved because my heart just isn't into my blog like I used to be. But I found out that my blog (and blogging friends) keep drawing me back so I'll blog when urge hits me. I think you will do the same but if you do decided to leave for a while, go with the knowledge that you have many friends out here in the blogosphere. We're here and we ain't going anywhere unless we die. My best to you always.

    ReplyDelete