Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wickedly Terrifying

Friday night, I went to Wicked.  I bought the ticket back in May... I was excited.  It was much better than I expected... a lot more funnier.  I liked the way they tangled the two stories together, which was more seamless than the musical score, which didn't seem to have much flow... I like Defying Gravity... and For Good... but the rest of them really weren't cohesive.  Some of the jokes were really funny, especially the ones that the audience had hindsight of the original story... and I liked that there was a happy ending after all... if not a door opened for a future story.

Almost falling prey to my social bass-ackwardness, I hopped in the car and drove 3 hours up to Sandusky, Ohio to Cedar Point Amusement Park.  I haven't been there since I was 18, so I was excited.  My friends, Matt and Keith, were already there.  The park is doing Halloween weekends up there, so it was pretty packed and all decorated.  In the 8 hours I was there, I only got to ride 5 or 6 rides with the lines being long, but, oh... what rides they were, each more terrifying than the next... to me at least.  A lot of people can't deal with being upside down... or spinning... but mine is heights.  I can't think of anything more horrific than the slow ascent up the first hill... that connection to the chain where it goes backwards before it goes forwards... then makes that clanking sound as you slowly climb... in this case, over 400 feet up.  Since my shrieking started at or around 25 feet, it felt like an eternity before we were thrusted down the other side.  The ride I was on was the Millennium Force which is the number one rollercoaster in the country and I have to admit, I don't remember much beyond the 25 feet... I think I was in shock.  The Maverick, Wicked Twister and Disaster Transport were some of the others... each better than the one before.  I'm surprised I have a voice today from me trying to rationally explain to the ride operator to please stop the ride... I may have used a few explicatives.

After a fun day... the best ride of all was in Terry on the way home.  I got about 29 miles to the gallon and the ride was so smooth... and, best of all, gas up there was only $3.20 compared to $3.69 here.  I may have screamed a little in the car as well.















11 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you went to Cedar Point! I try to get there once a year with friends for my "white trash park" day. I wear an inappropriate t-shirt... appropriately.

    And Yeah, I like Wicked too. I think originally it ended with her getting melted, but they changed it because the audience hated the downer ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Why is it that the ride controllers just wont listen to you??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rollercoasters. LOVE. THEM. I wish I could've been there to hear you scream like a little girl.

    I'm so glad that your new Lesbianmobile is working out for you! 29 MPG - awesomeness.

    And BTW, have you ever noticed that all your friends are really good looking? I'm just sayin....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh-huh... no way... I never gonna get on any rides at all... meet me at the merry-go-round! ;)

    And Halloween weekend??? It's only the 25th of SEPTEMBER!!!

    I never gonna get this either!
    ;)
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Wicked. It was the first live musical I'd ever been too. My BF and I have seen it three times now in dfferent cities. I think we've agreed to move on to something else in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love roller coasters!
    I want to see Wicked... but you know, I've never even heard the soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good amusement park, I am not afraid of anything, the higher, the scarier, the more impact the better.

    Both guys in the photo first on the list, are totally hot and my type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Admittedly I have not seen "Wicked", but it sounds like it has little to do w the actual book, which was incredible. I hope they do a movie version of it (non-musical) that sticks to the book.

    Cedar Point is fun. The drop on the Millenium isn't nearly as bothersome as the climb. But I no longer do spinny rides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love roller coasters, but the older I get the more fear I have of them. I still ride them, but I don't get the rush I used to. Instead, I feel relief when the ride is over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the many missed events of my childhood, amusement parks. I went once on my own when I was 20 (I think) but it wasn't the same. I'm probably too old to do it now unless I adopted a kid to go with me and then used the excuse that I'm taking the kid on the ride. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. We all need to escape occasionally.

    ReplyDelete