Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?

1996 Teal Nissan Pickup Truck 75k miles at time of purchase October 2009:  $4,500
1996 Teal Nissan Pickup Truck 105k miles Kelly Bluebook value September 2011:  $3,300
1996 Teal Nissan Pickup Truck (totaled by stupid kid), payoff by insurance company:  $5,800
Driving said pickup truck for two years, accumulating 30k miles and making $1,300 in the end:  PRICELESS!!

Having already purchased the Subaru last night and picked it up today, I was a little worried about whether or not they were going to total the truck or not... and if so, how much they were going to pay to me, especially since I bought it solely out-of-pocket cash.  I would have been a little upset with $2,500... expected $3,000... and would have done cartwheels for $3,500 (Given the KBB value wasn't even that)... so you can imagine my shock and awe when the guy handed me a check today for $5,800.  I actually squealed a little when he told me... and I rushed to the bank before they changed their minds.

All I could think of over the last couple of days was how much I'm going to miss that truck and what a good truck it was.  Let me tell you, if I knew what they were going to value it at, I would have run it off a cliff long ago.  A nice settlement check helps ease the pain of a broken heart just like an alimony check on the first of the month.  Bye bye, Marriott Chariot.... hello Terry.

7 comments:

  1. I can understand! I totaled my Jeep Wrangler just after I moved here. What they paid me was far more than I expected, but when I went to price used Wranglers, I didn't feel so good about what I was paid! So, I ended up back with a VW Rabbit. Good luck to you with the Subaru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and Terry hit it well, a start of a beautiful friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, let me do it for you: Squeeeeeeeeee! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda figured you were panicking for nothing....you know, having totaled a couple vehicles myself in my shady past - I knew you would be OK. John wants to know where the truck is so we can buy it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe! We do have a stronger relationship with our cars than our boyfriends aren't we? *sarcastic grin*
    I'm happy for you!
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god! That's like my dream car. I want it, I will give you 6G for it!

    I joke, I can't drive. But if I could, that's what it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete