Monday, September 19, 2011
Meet My Lesbian Car, Terry (Whoop-de-do for my Subaru)
Today, after cutting grass at the Marriott and another client's, I stopped by a few dealerships. Fresh with excitement for my new path towards buying a small car instead of a truck, I spotted this 2003 Subaru Forester. It has a 2.5L 5 speed manual transmission that a lot of get up and go, but will deliver mpg in the mid to high twenties... it's all wheel drive, it has new tires and alloy wheels, the engine and body are clean and it's loaded with every option except a sunroof... it even has a roof rack for my kayak and a tow hitch so that I can attach a trailer for my lawnmower (I may not even need a truck then at all)... and I figure I can put the seats down and sleep in the back of it on my next big trip if need be. It's the perfect car for my active lesbian lifestyle. The only bad thing about it is the high mileage... 112,000... but in these foreign cars, you can get a couple hundred thousand miles out of them easily... and it looks well-maintained. I've made an offer and they've accepted it. I pick it up tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read your title about a lesbian car, and I thought, "Oh god, he got a Subaru." And I was right!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI looks great :-)
Congratulations! :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Subarus are great cars, but I don't know agree that foreign cars last longer. My '94 T-Bird is still going strong at 300k+ miles.
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! I think you'll like it.
ReplyDeleteSubura
ReplyDeleteTow hitch for a trailer....
Oh man you are one drum circle away from being a full fledged lesbian ;-)
"It's the perfect car for my active lesbian lifestyle." *smacks forehead*
ReplyDeleteMy brother has two Subaru Outbacks. They are both great cars with high miles. The "All Wheel Drive" however gets terrible gas mileage.
ReplyDeleteLove my forester. As far as mileage, I have found the longer the trip the better the mileage. I have been able to squeeze 30mpg on the highway with three aboard and the cargo carrier on top on a trip from Portland to Whistler BC.
ReplyDeleteI am on my 3rd Subaru. Call me a lesbian if you want, but I'm the one laughing at the big SUVs when they have to stop and chain up and I don't!
I thought I had posted a reply to your Subaru Lesbian Car Terry blog. Maybe I didn't. Maybe I did but you didn't like my comment. I'll give it a second go. I'm on my second Subaru Forester. I had a '98 red Subaru Forester. It had 140,000 miles on it when I traded it in last September for ANOTHER RED SUBARU FORESTER. Yep, I guess I'm a lesbian.
ReplyDelete