As a follow up to every one's comments... I feel fine this morning... a little stiff (don't even go there) and achy, but fine. Being a massage therapist myself... I'm aware of how it works and made sure I drank a bunch of water, iced it down and did some stretches. I called off work tonight so as not to agitate it with moving fast behind the bar, just as a precaution. And yes, what a great friend I have in Robin... she's been a live saver on more than one occasion. I am very grateful to have her in my life.
I just got a call from the car rental place... they're giving me a Dodge Ram 1500 all for my $25 allowance... it's a much bigger truck than I had. One good thing I thought about was if I get a newer truck, I can get a snowplow and use it in the winter doing jobs to keep busy... and... if I do get a trailer to tow around... I'll get a truck that could handle the load better (somehow this post has sexual innuendo all over it).
The other people were fine... the kid that was driving got out with just socks on and put his hands on his head and jumped up and down a few times at the condition of his car, saying that he had it sold to someone just that day... never asked me how I was. The radiator in his car was leaking, but he drove it a mile down the road to his apartment. His girlfriend was OK as well. We were all fortunate.
.......
ReplyDelete"if you can hold on through the night....."
Friends who come through, as Robin did for you, are few and far between. I doubt I know anyone who would have gone to such lengths and efforts for me, save for my husband. I'd like to think I would do the same for anyone I considered a friend. Keep taking care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are not hurt that much. I would be carfeul and go to the doctor anyway and have everything check out. you may never know. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Ray
Your luck was your companion...thank your lucky stars it wasn't worse...but it just goes to show you that when the door of opportunity closes a window of hope opens...wish you feel better.
ReplyDeletesaludos,
raulito
I am getting way too much credit here for being the friend to you that you have been to me, a million times over. The important thing is that you are going to be okay. Wish I could say the same for your truck. On a lighter note, seeing you in your little hospital gown was just too adorable, and made it all worth it. (sorry!) lol
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you're okay. These crazy kids! Probably busy on their phone! I see people running red lights where I live every single day!
ReplyDelete"the kid that was driving got out with just socks on"
ReplyDeleteOK, as I read this he was driving naked except for socks on his feet. I suspect this isn't really the case, but it does give the incident a bit more of the sexual innuendo you mentioned.
Glad to read you are alright.
ReplyDelete/hugs from downunder.
I'm glad that you are well considering.
ReplyDeleteTrucks and things can be replaced, it's just so thankful that you are all pretty much intact and uninjured, seriously.
ReplyDeleteAll good wishes.
Oh dear... I'm just glad that you are well and safe! Pls take care. And you are fortunate to have a good friend in Robin to help you through this mess. :)
ReplyDeleteQinG
I suspect you missed my pOSEIDON ADVENTURE reference
ReplyDelete