Saturday, September 17, 2011

Are All Car Salesmen Named Donny?

Today, I drove from one end of Pittsburgh to the other... over 100 miles total... looking at car lots... and oddly, the three guys that I wasn't able to avoid on the lots were named 'Donny'.  I haven't found anything that works... mostly everything I've seen is either not in the range I want to spend ( less than $10k) or a piece of crap.  It's unbelievable how big they make trucks nowadays... there must be some small-dicked designers looking to overcompensate at the auto makers... not to mention the guys that buy them. 

I'm actually to the mindset of maybe buying a crappy truck and buying a better car... especially with these trucks getting 15 mpg or less.  The actual amount of time that I use my truck for work (other than March through May) is one day a week.  Even my old truck got about 18 mpg.  I can save $1,700 a year based on my miles and the price of gas between 15 mpg and 30 mpg.  I'm torn.  Tonight, I'm going to look on Craigslist... and tomorrow, off to more lots.

7 comments:

  1. You shoul dmake Donny service you in order to get your truck and who knows maybe a better deal.

    Good Luck
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are average dicked designers, marketing to a much larger small-dicked client base. These autos are what I call dick-extenders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they're all named Donny. Just like all the contractors for work are either named Paulie or Anthony. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had some suggestions for you... but you seem to have to "know" people in order to get good reliable transportation for under 10K these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in a fairly big city and it's incredible how many idiots are driving around in these enormous trucks that look like they belong in the wilds of Texas. Whenever I see one, I just think to myself; "Sorry to hear about your penis...". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only are these trucks huge and get horrible gas mpg but they are all loaded up with so many damn options as to make the list prices unbelievable. Gone is the plain old work truck you could buy new for about 15K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't envy you, this task.
    I get others to buy my cars for me, the fee is worth the hassle and time of dealing with Donny.

    ReplyDelete