Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's Nano Your Business What I'm Listening To...

I had the most freeing day yesterday.  Although I had lofty idea that I would be in and out of the Marriott in a few hours, it turned out to be a 10 hour day but, at the end of the day... I was done with everything.  There wasn't an untrimmed bush... a weed to be found anywhere... a blade of grass missed... it was perfect.  Let that bitch (the inspector) find anything wrong with my outside areas in the audit.  Low and behold... he didn't.  Not one thing on the outside of the hotel... and the final score for the whole hotel, inside and out... 97% (down from 98% last year).  All of the time over the last three months... all the agonizing over the weather... all the back-breaking labor... all the stress.... wiped away clean and clear.  I came home, unloaded the truck, put all tools away off the floor of the garage... swept and hosed the garage floor clean and pulled the damn truck in the garage for the first time since March.  I have reclaimed my garage and my life.  I can see clearly now.

I almost sobbed out loud and threw up a little in my mouth at the same time.

6 comments:

  1. That's a weight lifted! Congratulations on the perfect score! Great song too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life...at least for the rest of this week ;) Congrats on the audit! You're work is pristine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this energy. I'm glad you reclaimed your garage.

    ReplyDelete