I love this property... flanked by a creek on one side and woods on the other, it's a very natural setting which works well with my style... 'walked upon in the woods'. I don't do sculptured or placed... but rather a natural setting using crumbled rocks and open spaces and non-fussy plants, allowing for a look that you would find in nature.
Every day that I go into work with a certain plan, it usually is blocked by something... a wedding in the area I was going to work or some other contractor doing work... rain, heat or snow... a full parking lot keeping me from getting to an area, etc... so I need to be able to switch gears if need be. And that's only the process of trying to get it completed. Once I get it done, there are so many things that work against me... too much sun, too much shade, heat, rain, wind, flooding, bugs, deer, rabbits, moles, employees, dogs, customers, sprinkler system/lack of one, poor soil... to name a few. I do what I can do to make it nice for 5 minutes... after that, it's a crap-shoot.
After lots of rain and then weeks of 95 degree, humid days, this past week or so has really cooperated. With temperatures in the 60's, it's been great... I've gotten so much done this past week. I'm really exhausted... between this and the bar. Next week, I have the deck to build and a little more work at the hotel... then I'm on vacation for a week. With much-needed rest, planning a trip that is so labor intensive in hot temperatures probably wasn't the best idea. I should have planned a more relaxing time. All hotels have pools, so I may fore go exertion for relaxation. I'm looking forward to getting away and coming back clear-headed.
Nice pictures! You do beautiful work!
ReplyDeletegood work ethics, easy going, and good looking, me think me in luv....:-) have a great weekend and yes you def deserve a vacation.
ReplyDeleteYou do fine work.
ReplyDeleteThat does look like a very nice property. It must be nice to work among nature and contribute to its beauty.
ReplyDeleteThe property looks beautiful, David.......
ReplyDeleteas already mentioned a strong work ethic add in a caring personality (a strong Gemini trait) is a reflection in your work. Now if we can only make you a Steelers fan !
ReplyDeletegood for you!
ReplyDeleteI hope your holiday is wonderful for you!
I came here at the suggestion of UrSpo. Great blog! I work at a museum where I oversee, among other things, the native plantings on our grounds. We face a lot of similar problems to what you describe. Ah the joys of landscape care in public spaces!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of work! It really does look amazing though. Keep up the beautiful work!
ReplyDelete